Summer is all about developing and building new skills for the upcoming winter season. Water ramp training is the perfect off-season training to help athletes develop air-awareness and to work on skill development in a safe environment. Training sessions will help athletes achieve their goals towards on-snow performance.
Our water ramp camps are open to Fernie Freestyle Athletes in the Competitive and Non-Competitive programs.
Fernie Freestyle runs Summer Water Ramp Camps in both Red Deer, AB in June & July & Oliver, BC in August.
Red Deer Water Ramp 2021 Camp Dates are: June 26th-27th, 2021 & July 15-16th, 2021
UPDATE: Red Deer Water Ramp Camps are a GO! We've bumped the camp dates slightly, so please be aware of these new dates.
This summer we are offering 2 Ramp Camps at the Red Deer Water Ramp, check out the Red Deer Water Ramps here. Red Deer is a great place for first timers or experienced rampers.
Session 1: June 26 & 27th, 2021
Session 2: July 15 & 16th, 2021
Camps times are:
Camp 1: Saturday 2:30PM-7:30PM, Sunday 9AM-2PM
Camp 2: Thursday 12PM-5PM, Friday 9AM-2PM
Current limit is 16 athletes per weekend. We need a minimum of 6 athletes per session to run each camp. You will receive approximately 10 hours of ramping & trampoline time per weekend.
You can sign up for one or both sessions.
Costs of ramps is $275 per weekend per athlete which includes your water ramp fees and all coaching expenses. Accommodation, food and travel are extra.
To secure your spot register at the link below with a $275 Non-Refundable Deposit unless cancelled by COVID restrictions or the facility itself. If we are restricted on attending, or we do not meet the athlete minimums then we will issue full refunds.
Registration Link to RED DEER WATER RAMPS, registration is open until June 12th at 10PM:
All registrants must have a valid Alberta Freestyle Membership and be members of Fernie Freestyle. Memberships expire on June 30th, so if you are a current Club Member, your membership will still be valid for the first camp, but please renew on or after June 30th, 2021.
If you are just joining the club you MUST obtain a membership for this year prior to attending, and then you will need to renew a membership after June 30th.
Here is the registration link:
Oliver Water Ramp 2021 Camp Dates are: August 23 - 29th, 2021
Our most popular water ramp camp is back! Oliver Water Ramps run at the Covert Farms Water Ramp, check out the link here. This summer our Oliver Water Ramp Camp will run for a full week - with 3 days ON, a rest day, then another 3 days ON. Club Members can book either the full 6-day camp or a 3-day camp.
We are running two 3 day cycles with the second cycle having two sessions.
Session 1: Aug 23-25, 2021 running 8:30AM-12:30PM each day with a limit of 12 athletes. This session is FULL. We are looking into adding an afternoon session during this period - if interested please email Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Session 2: Aug 26-29, 2021 we offer two sessions each day running 8:30AM-12:30PM and 1:30PM-5:30PM (limit is 12 athletes per session). The morning session is now FULL.
You can sign up for one or all sessions. Please note that the morning sessions are FULL. We do have space in Session 2 in the afternoon, as well we are considering adding an afternoon session for Session 1. Please email Coach Chris if you are interested in an afternoon session for Session 1, and he will look into seeing if we can secure the ramp for this session.
Final costs will be determined on final numbers but expect the range between $450-$550 per athlete per session. We are looking at a min. of 8 per session to stay in that range. Each session is 4hrs of Water Ramp and Trampoline warm up.
To secure your spot you need to use the link below and register with a $200 Non-Refundable Deposit unless cancelled by COVID restrictions or the facility itself. The remainder will be due by Aug 1 and final number will be split between the amount of athletes. If we have 36 athletes cost is $450 per session. The fee covers all coaching and water ramp costs. Accommodation, food and travel are extra.
Sessions will fill up fast so if you plan to go I would register early and book your accommodation.
Registration Link OLIVER WATER RAMPS
All registrants must have a valid Alberta Freestyle Membership and be members of Fernie Freestyle. Memberships expire on June 30th, so you MUST renew prior to attending:
WHAT TO BRING TO WATER RAMP CAMPS:
- Please come with your bathing suit already on. There are no changing rooms at the water ramps.
- A short wetsuit is recommended and a long wetsuit or drysuit is recommended in the spring & fall. Some kids double up their wetsuits to help stay warm.
- Life Jacket & Helmet is mandatory. There are no rental wetsuits, life jackets or helmets at the water ramps. Helmets with covered ears are best, or bring ear plugs.
- Water – 2L minimum in an insulated bottle. There is no drinking water available at the ramps.
- Lunch/Snacks – There is also no garbage or recycling at the water ramp facility. If you pack it in, please pack it out (take it with you).
- Sunscreen & Hat & Towel – There is limited shade and it can get quite hot out at the Oliver water ramp facility.
- Shorts & runners - Bring runners for warm up & shorts/loose pants for tramp time.
- Skis & ski boots.
- Paraffin Wax – Skis must be waxed with basic white paraffin wax before ramping, it makes the skis slide easier on the surface. There is an iron to wax the skis at the Oliver facility.
- Paracord/Thin Rope – This is used for the skis to be attached to the ski boots while jumping, in case they fall off in the water. It it very challenging to find a ski at the bottom of the pool if it falls off.