Fernie Freestyle's success depends on the involvement and contribution of its members who bring their talent to the Club. Our program fees remain low, and the quality of our coaching high, largely because of the dedicated hours of our many great volunteers. When you register your athlete in our program, you are committing to volunteer some of your time to help Fernie Freestyle continue to grow and deliver the best programs for our athletes. Volunteer deposits are returned when a member family has helped in one of the areas below.
The following areas are where our volunteers make a difference.
- Board of Directors: Various roles, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details. BOD positions are open every year. Have a talent, skill or keen interest? Let us know about it.
- Board Assistant: Duties as assigned. Get close to what goes on to prepare you to take on a Board position
- Registrar: Registration for FFSC Programs, fee collection, CFSA membership tracking.
- Competition Coordinator: Fernie Freestyle will be hosting a Competition in March 2016. We need someone to take the Lead and mak it happen. We've done this before, so if you are a great organizer, this is a great gig.
- Competition Helpers: For Fernie Freestyle Club Comp in March in 2016, LOTS of help is needed!
- Webmaster: Make us look good.
- Communications: TeamSnap communication and coordination.
- Social Planner (multiple): Help plan a super fun event for athletes, coaches and parents.
- Sponsorship: Corporate funding and gifts-in-kind solicitation, thanks and recognition.
- Fundraising (multiple): Anything ideas you can to bring to the team and lead are super (e.g. silent auction, FFSC fashion, etc.)
- Video & Photog (multiple): Help us keep our website content current.
- Event/News Writer (multiple): Just a few bodies to write 50 word or so news bites (e.g. who’s going to what comp, how we did at a comp, etc.) Much easier than you might think
- Deal Maker: Working the deals on any team clothing, gear or cool stuff.
- Volunteer Coordinator: Finder of jobs for everyone
- Volunteer Other (e.g. shopper, reservation maker, etc.): We’ll call you!